Located in the north area of the Zoo, the McFeetors Heavy Horse Centre covers 4.7 acres and will be home to four Percheron horses year-round and includes a barn, pastures, paddocks and a carriage shed. Visitors to the Zoo will have the opportunity to experience barn tours and learn about the pioneer era of our province’s history, when heavy horse power was relied on in industries such as agriculture, forestry, mining, and road construction.
March Heavy Horse Schedule
WAGON RIDES IN THE ZOO | SUNDAYS, 1 - 3 PM
- $3 / person
- route stays within the McFeetors Heavy Horse Centre in the Zoo
- purchase your tickets at the kiosk located at the McFeetors Heavy Horse Centre
Wagon rides in the Zoo will also be offered during Spring Break (March 25 - April 2).
Click here for more information.
WAGON RIDES IN THE PARK | SELECT DATES, 1 PM
- Upcoming dates: March 13, 14, 20, 21
- $10 / person
- route leaves the Zoo and continues on a trail through a forested area of the Park
- purchase your tickets upon arrival at the Zoo entrance
Schedule is subject to change depending on weather and required animal care.