One of Winnipeg's most recognizable and beloved landmarks, the Pavilion has served as the heart of Assiniboine Park for over 100 years.
The building was constructed in 1908, one year before the Park officially opened, and was replaced with the current structure in 1930 following a fire. In 1998, the Pavilion began presenting free art exhibitions, primarily featuring work by renowned Manitoba artists Ivan Eyre, Walter J. Phillips, Leo Mol, and Clarence Tillenius.
In 2016, the Assiniboine Park Conservancy launched WAG@ThePark with the Winnipeg Art Gallery (WAG), Canada's oldest civic art gallery and Manitoba's leading art museum. This exciting partnership bring art to the community like never before. Visitors enjoy free entry to WAG curated exhibitions, drawn largely from the Conservancy's collection, as well as from the WAG's vast holdings.
IVAN EYRE GALLERY (3rd floor)
Wasteland Dreamland: Early Works by Ivan Eyre, 1957-1969
Featuring paintings, drawings, and sculptures completed during Ivan Eyre’s first decade of creative production. More ...
JOHN P. CRABB GALLERY (2nd floor)
Landscape paintings alongside strange “animal-morphic” characters set the stage for this exhibition, which brings
together the work of Manitoba artists W.J. Phillips and Marcel Dzama . More ...
THE COMMUNITY GALLERY (2nd floor)
Through The Eyes of a Child
The annual exhibition of work by young artists enrolled in WAG Studio art classes. Several hundred talented youth are represented through block printing and clay work. More ...
THE POOH GALLERY (2nd floor)
Remembering the Real Winnie
Featuring objects from Lieutenant Harry Colebourn’s personal collection that present the story of a Canadian female black bear that inspired A.A. Milne’s Winnie the Pooh. More ...