Formal Garden

The Formal Garden, located in the southeast corner of the Park, provides a stylistic contrast to the English, or Informal garden.

Designed by Frederick Todd in 1907, the Formal Garden was part of the original Assiniboine Park design. The shapes of the flower beds are sharply defined and highly geometrical. The garden is symmetrical in two ways: in the arrangement of the flowers in the beds and in the arrangement of the beds themselves.
Formal Garden